‘Oracle’ art installation at the Tithe Barn
Cambridgeshire sculptor and installation artist Theo Gayer-Anderson will exhibit ‘Oracle’ at the Tithe Barn in Landbeach.
The installation artwork will occupy the entire timber frame Tithe Barn, so that the spectator has to walk through in order to engage with the work of art.
Gemma O’Shea, of the Tithe Barn Trust, said: “What makes installation art different from sculpture or other traditional art forms is that it is a complete unified experience, rather than a display of separate, individual artworks.
“The focus on how the viewer experiences the work and the desire to provide an intense experience for them is a dominant theme in installation art.”
Theo said: “Oracle is a fully immersive audio and visual installation that celebrates the rise of jellyfish in our toxic oceans and draws attention to the very real and imminent dangers of climate change. The Tithe Barn makes for the perfect setting to showcase my work.”
You may also want to watch:
The temporary installation will be free for the public to view on October 10, 11, 17 and 18 by timed entry.
A limited number of tickets are now available to pre-book.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 10 Christmas comes early as festive lights couple hold trial switch-on