Grain Culture owner says bake shop is ‘busier than ever’
- Credit: Archant
Ely bakery Grain Culture - which sells loafs, pastries, focaccias, croissants, kanebullar, eggs, butter and jam - is “busier than ever” having “just ploughed through” while the country went into lockdown.
During lockdown they teamed up with Click It Local to open a home delivery service for everyone. Their web shop also stayed open to allow for pre orders or collections from the bake shop.
After launching in November 2018 in, according to their website, “Luca’s garage with one small 25ml mixer, one bench and a couple of small ovens to supply the fortnightly farmer’s market”, Grain Culture grew quickly and began making wholesale deliveries just months later in January 2019.
“Since them, quite a lot has changed,” say the owners. “We moved into a large commercial unit just outside of the city and found a permanent home on St Mary’s Street.
With demand growing rapidly, the team officially opened their own ‘bake shop’ at 30 St Mary’s Street in June that year.
“Our ethos hasn’t changed though,” they confirm. “We’re still committed to being and producing the best.”
You may also want to watch:
The bakery’s opening times are 8.30am to 2pm Tuesday to Saturday. It is, however, closed on Sundays and Mondays.
For more information visit their website or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 9 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound