Grain Culture owner says bake shop is ‘busier than ever’
- Credit: Archant
Ely bakery Grain Culture - which sells loafs, pastries, focaccias, croissants, kanebullar, eggs, butter and jam - is “busier than ever” having “just ploughed through” while the country went into lockdown.
During lockdown they teamed up with Click It Local to open a home delivery service for everyone. Their web shop also stayed open to allow for pre orders or collections from the bake shop.
After launching in November 2018 in, according to their website, “Luca’s garage with one small 25ml mixer, one bench and a couple of small ovens to supply the fortnightly farmer’s market”, Grain Culture grew quickly and began making wholesale deliveries just months later in January 2019.
“Since them, quite a lot has changed,” say the owners. “We moved into a large commercial unit just outside of the city and found a permanent home on St Mary’s Street.
With demand growing rapidly, the team officially opened their own ‘bake shop’ at 30 St Mary’s Street in June that year.
“Our ethos hasn’t changed though,” they confirm. “We’re still committed to being and producing the best.”
You may also want to watch:
The bakery’s opening times are 8.30am to 2pm Tuesday to Saturday. It is, however, closed on Sundays and Mondays.
For more information visit their website or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 2 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 3 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 4 Tyler Goodjohn ready to enter lion's den in world title bid
- 5 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 6 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
- 7 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 8 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 9 Motorcycle firm gearing up to show off lockdown project
- 10 Offensive graffiti: ‘Hate crimes have no place in Cambridgeshire’