Mepal pub unveils outdoor container bar as team adjust to life post-lockdown
- Credit: Archant
A Mepal pub has unveiled its one-of-a-kind outdoor container bar as the team adjust to the ‘new normal’ post-lockdown.
The Three Pickerels, which reopened on July 4, have launched The Thirsty Fish as a way of serving drinks safely every Saturday and Sunday from 12-6pm.
The team has also been busy throughout lockdown “making lots of new picnic benches so we have enough space for everyone to come enjoy their first pint back down at the riverside”.
While their restaurant is remaining closed, snack options are available from the bar.
MORE: 9 great Ely beer gardens
“We are following all of the new Government guidelines to make sure we can offer a safe environment for all staff and customers.
“So we have your weekend sorted. Make sure you pop down this weekend to check it out, you won’t see many bars like ours.”
You may also want to watch:
The Three Pickerels is located at 19 Bridge Road, CB6 2AR, Ely.
- 1 Spotted in Ely founder Mark Cooney dies
- 2 Lidl lists Cambridgeshire locations for ‘potential store development’
- 3 Recycling firm goes bust ahead of £55,000 court fines and costs
- 4 'Most significant' Fens archive footage in years
- 5 Man hails social media after finding stolen dumper in under 48 hours
- 6 Married Matt Hancock accused of affair after he is pictured kissing aide
- 7 Pool memories and 60s celebrities - a nostalgic step back in time
- 8 Letter: Who's been pinching my dog biscuits?
- 9 Young writer's 'wonderful' poem wins competition
- 10 Grandmother crochets 'worry worms' for children to find