Terrific Terry shines to cut unbeaten streak short
- Credit: Haddenham and Ely ABC
One half of Haddenham and Ely ABC’s Mills brothers was in top form to end his opponent’s unbeaten streak.
Terry Mills delivered a confident display to put away Cameron May of Evolution ABC on May 21.
Mills threw strong left and right-hand punches as he claimed victory on his way to winning the 53kg junior belt at Kemsing Amateur Boxing Club’s show in Kent.
“Terry threw a very strong hook and he then took over the bout,” Mike Sawyer, Mills’ trainer, said.
“The way Terry has been boxing, you don’t know what is round the corner.”
Mills, whose brother Mikey impressed at the ABA schoolboy championships in April, is hoping to continue his progress in the ring as the season draws to a close.
“I know Terry is very good, but there is always someone who could come up and be better,” Mike added.
“We’re working hard with Terry so he stays above opponents.
- 1 Popular food and leisure hub plans win over planners
- 2 £4.8m loan to transform office block into flats repaid
- 3 Take a look inside £600,000 period home with 'outstanding charm'
- 4 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 5 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 6 Santas learn how to put the Ho Ho Ho into Christmas
- 7 New deadline for £6m crematorium decision
- 8 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 9 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
- 10 Here’s what you can expect at Ely Folk Festival 2022
“He is 13-years-old and has won six of eight bouts with us, so he is improving.”