Terrific Tom makes it a national debut to remember
- Credit: Ely & District Cycling Club
There was a moment to remember for Tom Lewis who made his national championship debut for Ely & District Cycling Club - B&T Motor Repairs.
Tom was competing in the RTTC National Youth Championship finals at Mallory Park near Leicester last weekend.
The youngster completed the 10-mile course in 24:21, 76 seconds faster than his previous time and 11th in his age group.
Senior riders were also in action, but in the 10-mile time trial on the E2/10 course along the A11.
Darran Bennett, who set a new club record over 30 miles last month, finished in 19:34, just six seconds slower than the record set by Mathew Eley in 2016.
It was Bennett’s best time over 10 miles, and he was followed by Derek Ricketts who set a personal best over the course in 21:22.
You may also want to watch:
John Manlow and Will Shepherd were close behind.
On September 5, Harvey Woodroffe was in grasstrack action at an event in Crowland.
- 1 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 Florist's 'service with a smile' marks first year of triumph
- 4 Independent shop full of fresh food – despite national shortage
- 5 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 6 Lucky escape for driver who 'lost control' of car
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 9 Military teenager to star on national podcast
- 10 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
Harvey took overall victory in the under 12s vategory, having taken top spot in three of the five disciplines.