Fox outfoxes the rain in rapid display for Ely & District Cycling Club
- Credit: Davey Jones
For one Ely & District B&T Motor Repairs cyclist, she was determined not to let the torrential rain and high winds get in the way of a rapid performance.
Despite the tough conditions on Saturday, Alison Fox was one of just 27 riders to start the time trial event on the F14/25 course, a 25-mile race over two laps near Guilden Morden.
Fox was the second fastest female rider, finishing the race in 1:13:52 and 21st place overall.
On Sunday, Harvey Woodroffe continued his busy patch with a second criterium race of the year at the Milton Keynes Bowl.
The youngster advanced to the lead group early on in the under 12s category C event, timing his sprint to take third spot by a matter of inches.
Several club riders took part in Ely Triathlon Club’s 115 Squadron Duathlon, which includes a 5km run, 25km bike ride followed by another 5km run.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Schofield, who raced for St Ives on the day, won in a time of 1:17:44, while Leigh Marshall came 28th in the men’s race ahead of Geoff Brewster who came second in his age category.
Chris Brown took 40th place in the same race, ahead of Simon Hambling also racing for Ely Triathlon Club in 69th.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Catering wars as converted horsebox trailer takes on National Trust
- 3 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 4 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 5 Palmer's 'flagship' £100k homes will be council houses
- 6 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 7 Suspected building site burglars stopped in their tracks
- 8 Welcome to the Fens but can you guess which part?
- 9 Petition calls for more Cambs busways to be scrapped
- 10 Chilled out seal photographed relaxing on Cambs riverbank
In the women’s race, Alison Holmes crossed 28th out of a 54-strong field.