'Incredible' firm provides village footballers with fresh look
- Credit: Witchford 96 FC
Village footballers have been given a new look this season thanks to an “incredible” sponsorship.
Witchford 96 Reserves will wear a fresh kit sponsored by Deanta, who currently support the club’s first-team.
Club secretary Michael Ward said: “Deanta have been incredible.
“So, when we said the reserves needed a new kit, they were quick to come forward and sort it out, which included tracksuits.
“Deanta have also sponsored some polo shirts and warm up tops as well!”
Deanta, which designs and manufactures internal doors, has supported the club for two-and-a-half years.
“They are also offering support in achieving our main goal of players playing for free,” added Ward.
“To do this, we are trying to raise funds through advertising at the pitch, and they have offered to help us reach local businesses to achieve this goal.”
- 1 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 2 Caravan site wants 10 new lodges to cope with demand
- 3 Warwick Davis and daughter Annabelle cut the ribbon at special opening
- 4 Car rolled in crash on A14
- 5 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 6 Have your say on proposed commercial development in Ely
- 7 Insurers to pay for £725,000 house replacement
- 8 Casualty treated for smoke inhalation following house fire
- 9 Threat to cancel or 'indefinitely pause' £450m Ely rail upgrade
- 10 Retiring café owner desperate not to see shop 'back at square one'
Witchford 96 Reserves sit eighth in the Kershaw 2B Division of the Cambridgeshire County League.