Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- Credit: EMILY DUNNETT
Dozens of pints were pulled and enjoyed by outdoor punters enjoying the sunny weather over the weekend following the easing of lockdown restrictions.
Emily Dunnett, who runs the riverside pub and restaurant with her sister, said: "We had a really successful opening weekend and are very grateful to everyone who came out and bought a pizza and pint by the river.
"It makes us even more excited to be able to reopen our brand new riverside restaurant later this summer."
She added that despite the hospitality sector having faced a "tough time over the past year", they are starting renovation work.
The makeover includes 10 boutique hotel rooms, a conservatory restaurant overlooking the river and a new garden bar.
You may also want to watch:
The team is also looking for an experienced chef to take on their newly-renovated restaurant to run as their own business.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 Dr Nik in Ely for his first day as Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Mayor
- 4 Railways to royalty - a nostalgic look at Ely and Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man suspected to have stolen '£300-400' of alcohol in store theft
- 6 Noise warning issued amid RAF Lakenheath flight training
- 7 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Have your say on Network Rail increasing rail capacity through Ely
- 10 Murder suspect is victim's son