Poets House reopens post-lockdown - ‘we look forward to welcoming you’
- Credit: Archant
Poets House in Ely has reopened post-lockdown with a safely spaced table layout to adhere to social distancing rules.
With the team quickly adapting to the ‘new normal’ of the covid-era, all of Poets House’s familiar faces are back behind the bar.
On the night of reopening the owners posted on Facebook: “It’s fantastic to have the guys back from furlough. Lots of cocktails going down and they remembered them all.
They added: “We are so proud of the team who have been absolutely amazing, picking up the pace so quickly, adapting to the new norms and making guests feel so relaxed, but safe too. They are quite awesome.
“We have lots of tables inside and out, all spaced out, so pop in for your mojito or pornstar martini. We look forward to welcoming you.”
You may also want to watch:
• Poets House has also signed up to the Government’s ‘Eat Out to Help Out’ scheme, which means that guests will receive 50 per cent off their food and non-alcoholic drink between August 3 and 31 every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
- 1 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 Florist's 'service with a smile' marks first year of triumph
- 4 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 5 Independent shop full of fresh food – despite national shortage
- 6 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 7 Lucky escape for driver who 'lost control' of car
- 8 Military teenager to star on national podcast
- 9 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 10 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled