Fans' delight as charity football match raises over £1,000
- Credit: Pete Maynard
Three football fans have shown their delight as they helped raise over £1,000 from a charity match.
The match at Ely City FC’s Demcom Stadium raised £1,130 for Prostate Cancer UK in front of a healthy crowd on July 23.
It was an event organised by Ollie Cowan, Kurtis Mpundu and Joe Maynard, after Joe got in touch with the Nothing to Lose podcast co-hosts on how to support the charity.
The main event was Nothing to Lose XI, managed by Ollie and Kurtis, versus a Prostate Cancer UK XI led by Joe.
Despite going behind, it was a comfortable victory for Nothing to Lose who prevailed 11-4 as Will Crisp bagged five for the night.
But the event was worth more than a game of football.
You may also want to watch:
“£860 was raised on the Just Giving page, and on the night, a further £270 was added to the total,” Ollie said.
“The total raised is £1,130; a massive thank you to everybody who donated.”
To donate, visit: https://bit.ly/3j874ZU.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely