Fans flock to roar England into Euro 2020 final
- Credit: Soham Town Rangers FC
Fans were cheering, beers were flying and emotions ran high at Soham Town Rangers FC as England roared to the Euro 2020 final.
The Three Lions were cheered onto semi-final glory against Denmark at Wembley Stadium by around 550 supporters at the club’s Julius Martin Lane ground last night (Wednesday).
Club chairman Mark Goldsack described the occasion as “fabulous.
“It’s given us an opportunity to welcome back so many friends and members and allowed us the chance of some great bar receipts to kick-start our club for the new season.”
Mr Goldsack said the Greens have received “well over £30,000” in receipts since the tournament began last month.
It is a target the club is hoping to break as they prepare to welcome a similar number of fans for the final against Italy at Wembley this Sunday, having beaten the Danes 2-1 after extra time.
He added: “On Sunday, we will again have 550 supporters all ticketed.
“It was never about a target, but about bringing the community back to (Julius Martin) the Lane.
- 1 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 2 Warwick Davis and daughter Annabelle cut the ribbon at special opening
- 3 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 4 Cambridgeshire man kicked and headbutted police officers
- 5 Have your say on proposed commercial development in Ely
- 6 Casualty treated for smoke inhalation following house fire
- 7 Threat to cancel or 'indefinitely pause' £450m Ely rail upgrade
- 8 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 9 Retiring café owner desperate not to see shop 'back at square one'
- 10 Headteacher ‘extremely proud’ after school receives games mark award
“That said, I think we will top £40,000 income from the tournament.”
Where were you watching England's Euro 2020 semi-final? Get in touch with your pictures and videos to Daniel.Mason@archant.co.uk.