Drug paraphernalia seized amid police crackdown
- Credit: Cambridgeshire Police
Cannabis and drug paraphernalia was seized upon by police as the crackdown on anti-social behaviour continues across Cambridgeshire.
Cambridgeshire police officers were in Waterbeach on the evening of Monday, September 27 when they found the items.
The discovery was part of a focus on tackling anti-social behaviour concerns in the county.
A Cambridgeshire police spokesperson said: “We seized cannabis and drug paraphernalia from Waterbeach Recreation Ground.
“This was part of a crackdown on anti-social behaviour including drug taking and dealing and anti-social driving.”
The discovery came after police seized cannabis from two men at Haddenham Recreation Ground during patrols in East Cambridgeshire last weekend.
The spokesperson added: “We will continue to tackle these issues but need your help.”
Residents are encouraged to report information of any criminal or suspicious activity to police by visiting: https://bit.ly/39FXYiZ.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Covid-19 vaccine myths ‘biggest challenge’ in progress
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 From Star Wars to Cambridge Arts Theatre... Actor Ian McDiarmid talks about The Lemon Table