Three men arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after shooting in Cambs town
- Credit: Archant
Three men have been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder following a shooting in Soham in the early hours of today.
Police were called by the ambulance service at about 1.40am with reports of a man in his 30s having been shot in Eye Hill Drove.
The man had suffered serious injuries and remains in hospital.
Three men from Soham aged 69, 38 and 27 have been arrested and are in custody at Parkside Police Station.
Chief Supt Mark Greenhalgh said: “A team of detectives has been working throughout the day following this shooting and there has been, and continues to be, a significant police presence in the village.
“We are treating it as an isolated incident and we believe those involved were known to each other.”
You may also want to watch:
A property in Eye Hill Drove has been cordoned off to allow investigations to take place.
Anyone with information can contact us via our web-chat or by calling 101 quoting incident number 43 of September 5.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 3 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 4 Tyler Goodjohn ready to enter lion's den in world title bid
- 5 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 6 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 7 COLUMN: 'Expansion' the future for Ely rowing club
- 8 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 9 Motorcycle firm gearing up to show off lockdown project
- 10 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?