Get ready for the return of the Cambridge ROAR!
PUBLISHED: 15:38 31 March 2017 | UPDATED: 15:38 31 March 2017
The Cambridge ROAR, an annual festival of charity events, is just over two months away!
Returning in June for another series of charity events, there will be “everything from comedy nights, corporate games and white collar boxing to swanky dinners and glitzy balls,” say organisers.
“In addition, the ROAR recently announced that two of the most well-known names in motorsports are set to join the Sporting Heroes dinner panel.”
All funds raised from the ROAR events and charity auctions go to its three chosen charities: East Anglian Air Ambulance, Arthur Rank Hospice Charity and Cambridge United Community Trust.
The following events will take place throughout the summer, from June 17 until September 30.
• Corporate Games (June 17) - teams of six people from a range of organisations and institutions pit their wits and strength against their opponents in a series of obstacles, trials and games
• Champagne Dinner (June 21) - VIP luxury with champagne on the red carpet, a three-course dinner in the Quy Mill Hotel’s historic Waterwheel room and a charity auction afterwards
• Summer Ball (June 24) - elegant black tie bonanza with three courses, followed by an auction to bid for once-in-a-lifetime experiences, ending with a live band performance
• Final Furlong (June 28) – horseracing night and dinner hosted by racing presenter and commentator Derek ‘Tommo’ Thompson (TV Broadcaster and Radio 5 Live)
• The Cambridge Roar B2B Exhibition (June 29) - an opportunity for businesses in Cambridgeshire and beyond to promote their products and services, and build connections with other local organisations.
• Afternoon Tea (June 30)
• White Collar Boxing (July 1) - an adrenalin-fuelled evening, not for the faint of heart
• Sporting Heroes (September 14) – three-course dinner and auction hosted by BBC Radio Cambridgeshire presenter Chris Mann, who will interview a panel of sporting heroes: British racing driver Mark Blundell and former motorcycle/truck racer Steve Pavros Parrish are confirmed.
• Comedy Night (September 22)
• Cambridge Fashion Show (September 23)
• Cambridge Magazine Wedding Fair (September 24)
• Fire and Ice Ball (September 30)
Visit www.thecambridgeroar.co.uk or call 01223 378 111 to book any of the events or for more information.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Ely Standard. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.