Your chance to star at this year’s Ely Folk Festival
- Credit: Archant
Would you like to perform on the main stage of Ely Folk Festival alongside some of the best British folk and roots acts around?
If so, be sure sign up for the Ely Folk Festival band competition which is being run in partnership with Ely Standard.
The competition, which has run for many years, is a key way for the festival to seek out new acts and give them a platform to perform.
Last year’s competition winners Barluath and the Sam Kelly Trio performed to great acclaim at the festival and since then have been working hard on the folk and roots circuit.
Amateur solo, duo and group folk and roots acts are welcome to enter the competition. Check out the festival website www.elyfolkfestival.co.uk for details.
You may also want to watch:
To enter the Band Competition, please send a CD demo marked ‘EFF Band Competition’ with your contact details to arrive by 17th April 2015 to:
Ely Folk Festival Band Competition
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 7 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 8 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 9 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
Cambs CB7 4LS
Closing date for receipt of entries is April 17. Please note that CDs will not be returned. The winning entry will be announced by the end of May and will perform at the opening concert of the 2015 festival on the Ely Folk Festival main concert stage on Friday, July 10.
Eliza Carthy, one of the most exciting and innovative British folk artists, will headline the 30th Ely Folk Festival in July with her supergroup The Wayward Band.
Eliza, daughter of English folk music greats Martin Carthy and Norma Waterson, is one of the most dazzling and recognised folk musicians of a generation.
In addition to Eliza and The Wayward Band, the line-up for the 2015 festival includes Scottish folk rock band Oysterband, the New Essex Bluegrass Band, the Demon Barber XL show, Nancy Kerr and The Sweet Visitor Band, top ceilidh band Whapweasel and Ely songwriter Boo Hewerdine and friends.