Your chance to perform on stage at Ely Folk Festival
- Credit: Archant
Would you like to perform on the main stage of Ely Folk Festival alongside some of the best British folk and roots acts around?
If so, be sure sign up for the Ely Folk Festival band competition which is being run in partnership with Ely Standard.
The competition, which has run for many years, is a key way for the festival to seek out new acts and give them a platform to perform.
Last year’s competition winners Barluath and the Sam Kelly Trio performed to great acclaim at the festival and since then have been working hard on the folk and roots circuit.
Amateur solo, duo and group folk and roots acts are welcome to enter the competition. Check out the festival website www.elyfolkfestival.co.uk for details.
You may also want to watch:
To enter the Band Competition, please send a CD demo marked ‘EFF Band Competition’ with your contact details to arrive by April 17, to:
Ely Folk Festival Band Competition
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 8 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 9 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
Archant Herts & Cambs
Closing date for receipt of entries is April 17. Please note that CDs will not be returned. The winning entry will be announced by the end of May and will perform at the opening concert of the 2015 festival on the Ely Folk Festival main concert stage on Friday, July 10.
Eliza Carthy, one of the most exciting and innovative British folk artists, will headline the 30th Ely Folk Festival in July with her supergroup The Wayward Band.
Eliza, daughter of English folk music greats Martin Carthy and Norma Waterson, is one of the most dazzling and recognised folk musicians of a generation.
In addition to Eliza and The Wayward Band, the line-up for the 2015 festival includes Scottish folk rock band Oysterband, the New Essex Bluegrass Band, the Demon Barber XL show, Nancy Kerr and The Sweet Visitor Band, top ceilidh band Whapweasel and Ely songwriter Boo Hewerdine and friends.