Young promoters stage their first event at Littleport Village Hall
- Credit: Archant
LITTLEPORT Young Promoters will put their new stills to the test on Friday March 21 when they stage a musical performance by local group the Delta Pilots at the village hall.
The event is being run by a group of young people learning the skills to work behind the scenes, as part of a “Make It Happen” project run by ADeC, Arts Development in East Cambridgeshire.
Amy-Lee a member of the ADeC ‘Make it Happen’ crew said: “This has been an amazing experience to work with a new group of people, and the night should be lots of fun. It will be a great night out for anyone who likes country and acoustic music, or just fancies a night away from the TV, so why not come along and join us for an evening of entertainment?”
The Delta Pilots are three guitarists each from different musical backgrounds, with a touring and recording history spanning four decades, dozens of album credits and shows at venues including Wembley Arena and The Royal Albert Hall.
Eddie Allen, Steve Kerr and Brian Bacon teamed up in 2011 and have gigged around the UK and Europe ever since. Their eclectic acoustic show includes songs ranging from Eric Clapton and The Eagles to REM and Bryan Adams
You may also want to watch:
Acts supporting the Delta Pilots are saxophonist Saxy Al, plus country performers Big Ron Tee and John Barry. Tickets are limited and advance booking is recommended. Tickets are only £5 from the YPL Centre when pre-booked, or £6 on the door. Doors will open at 7.00pm and refreshments will be available. For more information visit www.yplittleport.co.uk
*Another young people’s ‘Make it Happen’ project, is being run by ADeC in Soham, starting on April 15. The course will be based at Soham Library and will run over five weeks. The course is free and young people will learn about putting on events and how to organise a show for the public.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 3 'I feel alive for the first time': Slimmer lost half his body weight in lockdown
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 6 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 7 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 8 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 9 Matt’s 46-day charity cycle from Burwell to Istanbul raises over £2,000
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
To sign up or to find out more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org