Young event organisers welcome beat box and hip hop stars to Soham
- Credit: Archant
A GROUP of aspiring event organisers are welcoming hip hop and beat box stars to Soham after learning the skills to organise their own music show.
Skilly Slilz and Xidus Pain will perform at the event - called Sounds, Rapped Up and Delivered - and will also give the audience a chance to learn their techniques.
The show on Wednesday July 17, is the result of a Make It Happen Project, run by ADeC, and funded by Art Council England.
Project Manager Zoe Davidson said: “We are very lucky to welcome Skilly Skillz and Xidus Pain to Soham. Skilly is ranked 1 of the top 16 beat boxers in the UK, and Xidus Pain has been mentored by hip-hop legends Sugar Hill Gang and Melle Mel.
“The group have worked so hard to put this event on, so please come along and support them.”
You may also want to watch:
Sounds, Rapped Up and Delivered, runs from 7pm to 8.30pm. Tickets cost £3 in advance and £4 on the door, and are available from ADeC box office, Babylon Gallery, Waterside, Ely. Phone 01353 616991 or www.adec.org.uk.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut