Talented art and design students from King’s Ely to display fashion, textile, fine art and photography work at Apex Gallery this month
- Credit: Supplied/King’s Ely
Art and design pupils from King’s Ely are set to exhibit their work for free at one of Suffolk’s art galleries this month.
The skilled students will show off their fashion, textiles, fine art and photography work at Apex Gallery in Bury St Edmunds from Tuesday, September 17.
The broad range of art, including some pupils' exam and coursework, will be available to view at the gallery free of charge until Sunday, October 13.
A spokesman for King's Ely said: "Our art department is a thriving, inspiring environment where all students are encouraged to engage fully with the state-of-the-art facilities available.
"The department specialises in fashion and textiles, fine art, sculpture and photography.
You may also want to watch:
"Students realise ambitious outcomes, regularly achieving some of the highest exam marks in the country."
Last summer, King's Ely also won the 'Art and Craft Award' at the Education Business Awards.
The exhibition will be open every day from 10am to 4pm. For more information, visit: www.theapex.co.uk
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'