Witchford Amateur Dramatics Society to transform Alice in Wonderland into fantastical musical
- Credit: Archant
A must see show for all the family; Witchford Amateur Dramatics Society is to perform the classic tale Alice in Wonderland later this month.
This musical version of the tale will feature original songs by Tim Nelson and the ADS cast (who range in age from 4 to 64 and are from various locations) who will bring to life the fantastical world of Wonderland.
Alice encounters a rabbit in a hurry, a disappearing Cheshire cat, talking flowers and birds, the Mad Hatter’s birthday tea party and a Queen who plays croquet as she struggles to find her way home.
Live music will be performed by the Alice Band (directed by Naomi D’Cunha and Jonathan Carter) and a colourful set and exciting choreography comes from Sara Ford of 4th Dimension Dance.
Performances take place at Witchford Village College from 7.30pm on Thursday 28, Friday 29 and Saturday 30 January. There will also be a 2.30pm show on Saturday 30.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets, on sale now from Witchford Post Office and www.ticketsource.co.uk, cost £8 for adults and £5 for people who are 16 and under.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 5 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'