Win one of five pairs of tickets for this summer’s Cambridge Rock Festival
- Credit: Archant
The Ely Standard and Cambs Times has teamed up with the Cambridge Rock festival (CRF) to give away five pairs of tickets for the four-day event in August.
The 13th annual festival takes place at Horseheatlh Lodge, from August 3-6 and the line-up this year features more than 80 bands and artists.
There are three covered stages, including an acoustic stage, and the usual range of food and other stalls in a welcoming family environment.
Headlining the rock and prog stage this year will FM, who have a stack of albums and worldwide tours behind them, the highly influential Eddie & The Hotrods and the legendary Atomic Rooster. Other key bands appearing include Welsh bands Son Of Man and Magenta, the John Otway Big Band, Tygers Of Pan Tang, Chantel McGregor, Deborah Bonham and CRF favourites Mostly Autumn.
The festival opens on the Thursday with Space Elevator ahead of their forthcoming UK tour, supported by Moritz, Dante Fox and The Room. There will also be a dedicated tribute band stage featuring Too Rex, Aladdinsane, Bootleg Boss and The Lizzy.
You may also want to watch:
An acoustic stage will run throughout the event, with notable headliners the Heather Findlay trio, Malcolm Bruce band, Odin Dragonfly and D’Ukes, The Blackheart Orchestra after a serious illness prevented them appearing just hours before their slot last year.
To be in with a chance of winning a pair of tickets for the four days, answer this question.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
Where is this year’s festival being held?
Answers via e-mail to email@example.com.
All entrants must provide, name, address, e-mail and daytime telephone number and deadline for entries is July 14.
For more information about the Cambridge Rock Festival, go to: www.cambridgerockfestival.co.uk.