We’ve got five pairs of weekend tickets - worth £1,000 - to give away for this year’s Cambridge Rock Festival!
- Credit: Archant
The internationally renowned Cambridge Rock Festival will be holding its 12th annual event in August and The Ely Standard has teamed up with the organisers to give away five pairs of weekend tickets - worth more than £1,000!
Detailed planning for the event, on August 4/5/6/7, is still underway and more acts will be finalised in the coming weeks, but internationally known classic and progressive rock bands, blues and folk acts have already confirmed and join what will be a line-up of what could be around one hundred bands across multiple stages.
Friday’s headliners are Cregan and Co, featuring Rod Stewart’s guitarist and co-songwriter Jim Cregan, and on vocals is X-Factor finalist Ben Mills. Jim was responsible not only for writing many of Stewart’s greatest hits, he also co-wrote Cockney Rebel’s hit Come Up And See Me. Also confirmed for Friday are Pearl Handled Revolver and Doris Breddel and The Mentulls.
The festival has a proud tradition of providing a platform for new bands; Walkway (who have recently toured with status Quo), Pearl Handled Revolver, Bonafide and Ben Poole are just a few recent acts to go on to bigger things.
Saturday sees one of progressive rock’s greatest legends, Carl Palmer who is joined by 80’s star Hazel O’Connor. Hekz, the Pink Fairies, who are reforming for their first tour in 25 years, and Walkway, off the back of their Status Quo support slot, and Newmarket-based Derecho will also play.
Sunday sees 70’s progressive rock legends Focus return to the CRF for a third time. The band has just released its 10th studio album. Joining them are Curved Air, Purson and Yossarian.
The Thursday night has been organised to appeal to local residents and feature a range of top tribute bands, headlined by The Pure Floyd Show, with their full laser show to reflect the Pink Floyd live experience and joining them will be Creedence Clearwater Review and the female fronted Led Zeppelin tribute Miss-Led.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 4 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 5 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 6 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
- 7 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 8 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 9 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 10 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
To be in with a chance of winning a pair of weekend tickets, answer this question?
In no more than 20 words, write why you would like to attend this year’s Cambridge Rock Festival.
Send your answers to email@example.com. The deadline for entries is March 1 and entrants must include an email, telephone number and postal address. Tickets will be available on the gate.
For more information about the bands and the venue and to buy tickets, go to: cambridgerockfestival,co,uk. The festival is being held at Haggis Farm Polo Club in Barton.