Watercolour artists to bring exhibition to Babylon Gallery, Waterside, Ely
- Credit: Archant
The Society of East Anglian Watercolourists (SEAW) is holding an exhibition at Babylon Gallery, Waterside, Ely.
The organisation, which has member artists from Cambridgeshire, Norfolk, Suffolk, Bedfordshire and Essex, will show their art from Saturday 27 August to Sunday 11 September.
“It is the society’s aim to bring watercolour in all its myriad forms and subtleties to a wider audience,” said Caroline Cawley from the Babylon Gallery.
“All works in the Selected Exhibition are selected on merit by a panel of expert judges - visitors will have the opportunity to view and purchase paintings from some of the finest watercolourists working in Britain today.”
There will be a range of prizes and awards presented to artists at the exhibition including the Royal Watercolour Society President’s Award as well as a new prize, sponsored by Daniel Smith Watercolours, will be presented for a work by an artist under 35.
You may also want to watch:
For further information visit www.seaw.co.uk or email contactSEAW@Gmail.com
The gallery will be open from 12 noon to 4pm each day, but closed on Mondays.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4