Beat boxing, double bass and pop at Ely cafe music night
- Credit: Archant
Local musician and guitar teacher Cliff Ward performs in the duo Ward and Parker at Julias Tea Rooms.
The musical night is on Friday February 15 at 6.30pm and includes acoustic pop, beat boxing and double bass.
He performs with John Parker, from Nizlopi, who had a number one hit in 2005 with the single JCB song.
Cliff has been teaching in the Ely area since he was 14 and now teaches in most of the schools locally including Ely Community College and Kings Ely.
He is involved with running the new Saturday morning music school at Kings Ely, run by Cambridgeshire Music Service, and open to all young musicians grade two and above.
You may also want to watch:
Cliff also performs in the folk super group, The Willows, with wife Jade Rhiannon and band members Ben Savage, Evan Carson and Katriona Gilmore who have had a successful third album release gaining five stars in Country Music magazine.
Cliff and John have been working on songs and arrangements for their first album called ‘One’ which is due for release in March.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 10 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
• Tickets are £12 and include dinner,from the cafe or email@example.com.