Beat boxing, double bass and pop at Ely cafe music night
- Credit: Archant
Local musician and guitar teacher Cliff Ward performs in the duo Ward and Parker at Julias Tea Rooms.
The musical night is on Friday February 15 at 6.30pm and includes acoustic pop, beat boxing and double bass.
He performs with John Parker, from Nizlopi, who had a number one hit in 2005 with the single JCB song.
Cliff has been teaching in the Ely area since he was 14 and now teaches in most of the schools locally including Ely Community College and Kings Ely.
He is involved with running the new Saturday morning music school at Kings Ely, run by Cambridgeshire Music Service, and open to all young musicians grade two and above.
Cliff also performs in the folk super group, The Willows, with wife Jade Rhiannon and band members Ben Savage, Evan Carson and Katriona Gilmore who have had a successful third album release gaining five stars in Country Music magazine.
Cliff and John have been working on songs and arrangements for their first album called ‘One’ which is due for release in March.
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 4 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 5 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 6 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 7 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 8 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 9 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 10 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
• Tickets are £12 and include dinner,from the cafe or email@example.com.