War reporter and author John Simpson to give talk at Ely Cathedral
- Credit: Archant
War reporter and author John Simpson will give a talk about his new book ‘We Chose to Speak of War and Strife’ at Ely Cathedral next week.
“All around the world, for hundreds of years, wherever war and strife break out, foreign correspondents have been engaged in uncovering the latest news and - despite all obstacles - reporting it by whatever means available,” say promoters.
“It’s a working life that is difficult, exciting and undeniably glamorous. If anyone has the right to tell the story of these correspondents then John Simpson is surely that man.”
The talk is expected to last an hour, followed by questions. There will be meet and greet and book signing opportunity after the talk.
The visit takes place on Tuesday March 14.
You may also want to watch:
Admission costs £10 (redeemable against the price of the book).
Visit www.toppingbooks.co.uk for more information.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
Doors open at 6.45pm for a 7.30pm start.