War reporter and author John Simpson to give talk at Ely Cathedral
- Credit: Archant
War reporter and author John Simpson will give a talk about his new book ‘We Chose to Speak of War and Strife’ at Ely Cathedral next week.
“All around the world, for hundreds of years, wherever war and strife break out, foreign correspondents have been engaged in uncovering the latest news and - despite all obstacles - reporting it by whatever means available,” say promoters.
“It’s a working life that is difficult, exciting and undeniably glamorous. If anyone has the right to tell the story of these correspondents then John Simpson is surely that man.”
The talk is expected to last an hour, followed by questions. There will be meet and greet and book signing opportunity after the talk.
The visit takes place on Tuesday March 14.
Admission costs £10 (redeemable against the price of the book).
Visit www.toppingbooks.co.uk for more information.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 3 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 4 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 5 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 6 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 7 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 10 Yarn-bombing returns to city ahead of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
Doors open at 6.45pm for a 7.30pm start.