Vote for Artist Debbie and Launch her Career
STAY at home mum Debbie Bellaby is launching her career as a freelance illustrator and creative artist, and needs help from the public to get her a �250 start up grant.
Debbie - who loves to draw and paint - has already got a contract to illustrate a children’s book, and she hopes that a grant from Enterprise Nation will help fund extra drawing materials, printing, and pay for a stall on Ely’s Saturday market.
“I would be very grateful if readers would register their support, by voting for me on line,” said Debbie, 39. “It’s quite easy to do, there is a link through me website.
Debbie has two daughters under five, and has worked in graphic design for more than 10 years. “But my passion is to draw, I could draw 24 hours a day,” said Debbie, who lives in Ely. “I want to get more involved with illustrating, and illustrate ceramics and fabrics.
“I am starting very small, selling cards, badges, prints and original canvases, and attending local craft fairs. I have applied for the grant, and need 250 votes to secure the �250. That money would allow me to get more things printed. I want to be self employed, and sell my own work.”
You may also want to watch:
Debbie did art A-level at Long Road Sixth Form College in Cambridge, and undertook her art foundation course at Anglia Ruskin University before moving to Bath University to do a degree in graphic design and illustration. Much of her work is children’s humour, she paints anything from colourful pirate ships to fairies, robots and dinosaurs.
“I have always done graphic design, but I have always wanted to illustrate,” said Debbie. “I am currently working on illustrating a children’s book called Fred the Flamingo, written by Cornwall DJ Bob McCreadie. That is very exciting.”
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
INFO: To support Debbie, vote for her through her website, debbiebellaby.com