Viva Soham to bring ‘The Lady in the Van’ to The Brook
- Credit: Archant
Soham-based theatre group, Viva, will bring their last production of the year, ‘The Lady in the Van’, to The Brook next week.
The British comedy sees Alan Bennett develop an unlikely friendship with Miss Shepherd, a homeless woman who lives in a van in his driveway for the next 15 years.
Cast member David Blyth, who plays Alan Bennett, said: “I have appeared in previous Viva shows including ‘The Ghost Train’, ‘Pride and Prejudice’ and ‘A Christmas Carol’ and I have thoroughly enjoyed the last three years.
“Now, with trepidation, I look forward to donning the glasses, jersey and jacket to become Alan the writer.
‘The Lady in the Van’ will be performed at The Brook in Soham from Thursday 10 to Saturday 12 November.
You may also want to watch:
For tickets; £10 each (reserved seating), call the Viva box office on 01353 722 228 or book online at www.wegottickets.com.
In 2017 Viva will perform ‘Shakers’, ‘Legally Blonde: the Musical’, ‘Dad’s Army’, ‘The Ragged Child’, ‘Beauty and the Beast JR’ and ‘Brassed Off’.
- 1 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 2 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 3 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 4 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 5 Tyler Goodjohn ready to enter lion's den in world title bid
- 6 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 7 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
- 8 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 9 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 10 Man who died in road crash is named
Visit www.viva-group.org.uk for more information.