Viva Soham to bring ‘The Lady in the Van’ to The Brook
- Credit: Archant
Soham-based theatre group, Viva, will bring their last production of the year, ‘The Lady in the Van’, to The Brook next week.
The British comedy sees Alan Bennett develop an unlikely friendship with Miss Shepherd, a homeless woman who lives in a van in his driveway for the next 15 years.
Cast member David Blyth, who plays Alan Bennett, said: “I have appeared in previous Viva shows including ‘The Ghost Train’, ‘Pride and Prejudice’ and ‘A Christmas Carol’ and I have thoroughly enjoyed the last three years.
“Now, with trepidation, I look forward to donning the glasses, jersey and jacket to become Alan the writer.
‘The Lady in the Van’ will be performed at The Brook in Soham from Thursday 10 to Saturday 12 November.
You may also want to watch:
For tickets; £10 each (reserved seating), call the Viva box office on 01353 722 228 or book online at www.wegottickets.com.
In 2017 Viva will perform ‘Shakers’, ‘Legally Blonde: the Musical’, ‘Dad’s Army’, ‘The Ragged Child’, ‘Beauty and the Beast JR’ and ‘Brassed Off’.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
Visit www.viva-group.org.uk for more information.