REVIEW: Viva Soham’s production of The 39 Steps is live theatre at its best
- Credit: Archant
Viva’s The 39 Steps has now finished its triumphant run at the Victoria Hall in Fordham.
If you were lucky enough to see it, you'll have witnessed a charismatic and energetic performance from Ben Clark with his left eyebrow attempting to upstage everyone.
There were also three wonderfully contrasting cameos from Jessica Wildman, Kerry Hibbert and Jenny Tayler-Surridge giving selfless support, singing delightfully and even treating us to Wilson and Keppel without Betty.
But for me Sam Gallop and David Tickner were simply astonishing in so many different roles; where did they get the energy for all those quick changes of clothes and characters?
The whole thing was a pure joy to observe, and demonstrated some great comedy acting.
You may also want to watch:
Well done to Keith Gallois, Alison O'Connor and the entire supporting team for putting together an inventive and pace-y production. L
This show was live theatre at its best.
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'