Viva Soham hit the world famous Edinburgh Fringe Festival with two musicals
- Credit: Archant
Viva Arts and Community Group are preparing to take two full scale comedy-musicals - A Slice of Saturday Night and Sister Act - to the world famous Edinburgh Fringe Festival this August.
Over 70 people will be travelling together from Soham to Edinburgh including performers, musicians, backstage volunteers and creative professionals.
Both shows will play every day at the festival from Monday 12 until Saturday 17 August. The troupes also have performance slots reserved on the Royal Mile where they will be promoting their shows to the festival crowds.
The two shows will be performed in Soham throughout two weeks in July, to give the show teams a chance to perform their work before they hit the Fringe and to give local supporters a chance to enjoy the shows at home.
The first of the two musicals, A Slice of Saturday Night, will be performed by Viva's young adult group and is a funny and nostalgic romp back to the swinging sixties.
The show is set in a nightclub where young love, teenage dreams, fashion and music are the order of the day.
It will be performed in a purpose built pop-up theatre inside the Ross Peers Sports Centre, Soham from July 11 to 13 at 7.30pm each night.
- 1 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 2 Petition launched to save village pub
- 3 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 4 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 5 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 6 Murder trial jury told mother said she could not have children
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 9 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 10 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
The second musical, Sister Act, tells the story of disco diva Delores Van Cartier who is placed in protective custody, disguised as a nun in a convent.
Delores breathes new life into the choir and the community and is, quite frankly, hilarious while doing it.
The show will be performed at St Andrew's Church, Soham from July 17 to 19 at 8pm each night. Both shows feature a live band.
Tickets can be booked via www.ticketsource.co.uk/viva-arts or by calling the Viva office on 01353 7222287.
To book tickets for the shows in Edinburgh, visit www.edfringe.com