Viva la brilliance! Young performers are presented with trophies at the Viva Theatre School presentation night
- Credit: Archant
All the world was a stage at Soham when young acting talent was rewarded during the annual Viva Awards ceremony in Soham.
The awards are a chance to show off the stage school successes in style and included performances from the upcoming show A Christmas Carol as well as from other Viva members.
A total of 21 trophies were presented in categories including dedication and commitment, young actor of the year, musicianship and the show must go on award.
The amateur musical group is open to young people from nine to 19 who present most of their West End style productions at the Village College.
The Viva Youth Theatre, now in its 16th year, was the catalyst for the Viva Arts and Community Group and was the brainchild of Dan Schumann from Soham, who was then a 16-year-old drama student who went on to study at The Central School of Speech and Drama in London.
You may also want to watch:
He is now a professional theatre director and joined the night to officially open proceedings.
Viva usually auditions for two or three productions a year and students of the youth theatre have benefited from training and master classes from some of the West End’s finest actors, directors and choreographers.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 8 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 9 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash