Visitors invited to Ely gallery’s Christmas open studio event
- Credit: Archant
Artist Angela Mellor is holding a Christmas open studio at her Ely gallery for three weekends leading up to Christmas.
Angela’s exhibition, entitled Objects of Light, will display a selection of new work which was exhibited at the Museum of Contemporary Ceramics in Faenza, Italy, earlier this year.
Visitors will also be able to see work being prepared for the prestigious Ceramic Art London exhibition, which takes place at the Royal Academy from April 4-5 next year.
Mary Romer will also be showing her latest work, including intimate oil paintings from her ‘Affinities’ series which are partly inspired by Angela’s ceramics.
Also on sale will be bone china vessels, lamps and light shades, jewellery, Christmas decorations and original hand printed cards.
You may also want to watch:
The gallery in St Mary’s Street is open on November 30 and December 1, December 7 and 8, and December 14 and 15, from 10.30am to 5pm.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 4 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 5 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 8 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 9 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 10 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’