Village gearing up for return of annual carnival
- Credit: Archant
The final preparations are being made for this year’s fun-filled Burwell Carnival.
More than 20 groups and organisations are set to take part in the parade and organisers have premised this year’s event – taking place on June 27 - will be the biggest and most colourful carnival yet.
The theme for the carnival this year is sci fi, fantasy and adventure, and it has provided plenty of inspiration for the floats set to take part.
Judging takes place at 11.30am in Margaret Field before the parade leaves for the short trip to Burwell Village College, where the festivities are taking place.
Other highlights to look forward to include street entertainer and fire eater ‘Juggling James’, both Burwell Choirs will be performing as well as KD Theatre Productions, VIVA! Loose Chippings and The Indietones.
You may also want to watch:
The carnival field will once again be home to numerous fairground rides for all ages and there will also be a variety of craft and commercial stalls, face painting and many other games to take part in.
The carnival is a free family event and gets under way from 1pm on Saturday, June 27, at Burwell Village College.
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 9 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 10 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely