Veteran rocker set for Corn Exchange date
- Credit: Archant
Music fans can spend an evening with Tony Emmanuel at the Corn Exchange, in Cambridge.
Emmanuel is one of Australia’s most respected and best-loved musicians, his award-winning career spans five decades and multiple genres including jazz, rock, blues, and country.
He is appearing in Cambridge on Thursday, January 22, at 7.30pm.
Emmanuel is known for his distinctive ‘finger style’ playing, using all 10 fingers - a technique he was inspired to try after hearing his hero, the legendary Chet Atkins, play in the early 1960s.
Atkins became a mentor to Emmanuel after they met in the 80s and presented him with a coveted Certified Guitar Player Award, an honour the Nashville icon bestowed on only four other guitarists before his death in 2001.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the event, costing £25, are available at www.cornex.co.uk or by calling 01223 357851.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 3 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 6 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
- 7 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 10 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4