Upware concert with Sinnerboy and Chris Newman to celebrate Irish blues/rock guitarist Rory Gallagher
- Credit: Archant
An evening of live music will celebrate legendary Irish blues/rock guitarist Rory Gallagher at Five Miles from Anywhere No Hurry Inn in Upware, Ely, on Friday April 21.
The gig will start at 8.30pm with a 45-minute set of Rory’s acoustic music by guitarist Chris Newman.
Three-piece band Sinnerboy will then take over at 9.30pm with “a full blown Rory set to rock your socks off”.
“Sinnerboy have played an enormous part in helping to ensure that Rory’s music is not forgotten, as they’ve gigged extensively around the UK and Europe, playing at most of the international Rory Gallagher festivals which have sprung up over the years,” say promoters.
“There have been changes in the rhythm section over the years, but this line-up is with Sinnerboy’s original drummer Steve Richardson and Derek White on bass.
“If you’re already a Rory fan you’ll be thrilled with this evening’s entertainment and if you’re not familiar with his music at the start of the night, you’re sure to be a fan by the end of the gig.”
Admission is free.
- 1 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 4 Missing woman back home
- 5 Petition launched to save village pub
- 6 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 7 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 8 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 9 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 10 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told