Upware concert with Sinnerboy and Chris Newman to celebrate Irish blues/rock guitarist Rory Gallagher
- Credit: Archant
An evening of live music will celebrate legendary Irish blues/rock guitarist Rory Gallagher at Five Miles from Anywhere No Hurry Inn in Upware, Ely, on Friday April 21.
The gig will start at 8.30pm with a 45-minute set of Rory’s acoustic music by guitarist Chris Newman.
Three-piece band Sinnerboy will then take over at 9.30pm with “a full blown Rory set to rock your socks off”.
“Sinnerboy have played an enormous part in helping to ensure that Rory’s music is not forgotten, as they’ve gigged extensively around the UK and Europe, playing at most of the international Rory Gallagher festivals which have sprung up over the years,” say promoters.
“There have been changes in the rhythm section over the years, but this line-up is with Sinnerboy’s original drummer Steve Richardson and Derek White on bass.
You may also want to watch:
“If you’re already a Rory fan you’ll be thrilled with this evening’s entertainment and if you’re not familiar with his music at the start of the night, you’re sure to be a fan by the end of the gig.”
Admission is free.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 10 Christmas comes early as festive lights couple hold trial switch-on