‘Unforgettable’ Nat King Cole tribute show coming to The Maltings
- Credit: Archant
Unforgettable, A Tribute to Nat King Cole, is coming to The Maltings to commemorate the 50th anniversary of his death.
Singer and actor Mark Anthony will sing and narrate the musical legend’s story, supported by a live band on September 30.
“The tribute show explores the music of a true genius and a unique entertainer with a career spanning from 1939 to 1962 say promoters.
“Born in Alabama in 1919, Nat King Cole reigns among a very short list of music royalty as one of the most identifiable and most memorable voices in American music.
“During his 30-year recording career, Cole recorded more than 150 charting singles on Billboard‘s charts, a staggering record that remains unbroken by any other artist ever signed to Capitol Records, which led to the label being affectionately tagged, The House That Nat Built.”
The event takes place on Friday September 30 from 7.30pm.
Tickets; £14, available by calling The Maltings on 01353 662633.
- 1 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 4 Missing woman back home
- 5 Petition launched to save village pub
- 6 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 9 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 10 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash