‘Unforgettable’ Nat King Cole tribute show coming to The Maltings
- Credit: Archant
Unforgettable, A Tribute to Nat King Cole, is coming to The Maltings to commemorate the 50th anniversary of his death.
Singer and actor Mark Anthony will sing and narrate the musical legend’s story, supported by a live band on September 30.
“The tribute show explores the music of a true genius and a unique entertainer with a career spanning from 1939 to 1962 say promoters.
“Born in Alabama in 1919, Nat King Cole reigns among a very short list of music royalty as one of the most identifiable and most memorable voices in American music.
“During his 30-year recording career, Cole recorded more than 150 charting singles on Billboard‘s charts, a staggering record that remains unbroken by any other artist ever signed to Capitol Records, which led to the label being affectionately tagged, The House That Nat Built.”
You may also want to watch:
The event takes place on Friday September 30 from 7.30pm.
Tickets; £14, available by calling The Maltings on 01353 662633.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
- 10 Christmas comes early as festive lights couple hold trial switch-on