TV presenter Clare Balding coming to Ely in September
- Credit: Archant
TV presenter and broadcaster Clare Balding will be in Ely next month to talk about her new book, Walking Home.
An accomplished presenter, Clare has been at the heart of our sports coverage for many years. Her love of sport in general, but particularly her enthusiasm for horse racing and the great outdoors, has endeared her to the country.
In her Radio 4 show, Rambling, Clare combined her joy in nature and her inimitable skill as an interviewer, talking hundreds of walks with well known figures and using the intimacy of a shared ramble to give a unique insight into their lives and interests.
In her new book, Walking Home, Clare discusses her own love affair with walking in the English countryside and the way she discovered Britain in all of its mud and glory. This is the story of the North East Coastal Path, the South Downs and Milngavie, and also the stories of the people that she has met and her adventures with them along the way.
She will be appearing in Ely Cathedral on September 17 to talk about walking, interviewing, and life at the forefront of British television.
You may also want to watch:
The event is being hosted by Ely’s High Street bookseller Topping and doors open at 6.45pm. Tickets for the event start at £10. To find out more, or to book, visit www.toppingbooks.co.uk or call 01353 645005.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody