Trio of Writers Rosemary Westwell, Hayley Humphrey and Mary McGuire to host Writer’s Day at Ely Library this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Ely’s trio of writers, Rosemary Westwell, Hayley Humphrey and Mary McGuire are to hold a writer’s day at Ely library next weekend.
The daytime event, which takes place this Saturday, will feature a range of activities.
See below for a timetable of events
09:45 coffee and networking
10:15 Rosemary Westwell introduction, launch of my first whodunit: ‘John’s Shadow’. How to avoid making the mistakes I had to overcome when writing this novel.
You may also want to watch:
10:35 Mike Rouse my personal story: what I write, why I write it and how I research it.
10:55 Margaret Brown and/or questions and answers for ‘beginners’
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
11:15 Mary McGuire Tips and cheats for the time strapped writer. If you only get a few minutes a day at your writing desk, how can you make them count?
11:55 Sue Burge Mini-workshop - surprise yourself and produce one or two pieces of guided fiction/poetry in 20 minutes!
12:15 Mary Nichols practical guidance on writing and presenting a novel followed by short questions and answers
13;35 Hayley Humphrey ‘Nanowrimo - can you write a novel in a month?
13:55 James Steller (Scott) How to get the book to paper back without a publisher via amazon print on demand
14:15 Stephanie Hale ‘Advice for first time authors: how to find and approach a publisher and prepare your work so that he/she will be interested in your book.’
14:35 Question and Answer session
14:50 announcement of short story winner by the Mayor of Ely, (First prize £50 donated by North Staffordshire Press)
15:00 networking packing up/coffee to Burrows