Topping & Company Booksellers to host third modern American poetry study day in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Topping & Company Booksellers of Ely will host the third modern American poetry study day on Sunday May 7.
“Robert Jones concludes his three-part introduction to American poetry by looking at the bewildering diversity of poetic styles that flourish in the United States in the present day,” say organisers.
“Beginning with the Beats’ revolt against social and literary convention, the explosion of vibrant local scenes in major cities from New York to San Francisco, and the prominent involvement of poets in the politically charged 1960s, the session will also cover the increasing audibility of woman, black and Hispanic writers.”
Doors open at 10.45am for a 11am start.
Admission to the study day costs £35 (including a £15 book voucher and a light vegetarian lunch).
You may also want to watch:
To book visit www.toppingbooks.co.uk/events/ely/american-poetry-study-day/
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'