Tickets For The Script Go On Sale on Friday
Danny O’Donoghue says, “It’s been fantastic on tour again and we can’t wait to get out into Thetford forest this summer. There’s nothing like headlining outdoors and we are looking forward to making our forest debut in East Anglia.”
IRISH trio, The Script, are playing a special woodland concert for the summer. The show is the sixth and final concert to be announced at Thetford Forest, Suffolk as part of Forestry Commission Live Music.
The Script’s eponymous debut album very quickly secured them the status of an international act to watch. A musical blend of rock, pop, hip hop and soul, singles like We Cry and The Man Who Can’t Be Moved brought the band to the fore with a No 1 album in the UK and their single Breakeven selling more than 1.7 million downloads in the US alone. This initial success was reflected when they performed as special guest with music heroes U2, Take That and Paul McCartney on their respective stadium shows. The Script’s second album, Science & Faith, released in the UK last September again hit the top spot in the charts and has already generated the hits Nothing and For The First Time. The band’s Spring 2011 UK indoor arena tour dates sold out in record time.
Commenting on the date, lead vocalist Danny O’Donoghue says, “It’s been fantastic on tour again and we can’t wait to get out into Thetford forest this summer. There’s nothing like headlining outdoors and we are looking forward to making our forest debut in East Anglia.”
Forestry Commission Live Music introduces some music fans to a woodland environment for the first time. Many of them come back to enjoy the beautiful surroundings for healthy and fun outdoor recreation including walking, mountain biking and watching wildlife.
You may also want to watch:
The Script, plus guests will be performing at Thetford Forest, nr Brandon, Suffolk on Thursday, July 14.
Tickets �28.50 (subject to booking fee) go on sale at 9am on Friday April 1 from the Forestry Commission box office on 03000 680400 or buy online at www.forestry.gov.uk/music
- 1 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 8 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 9 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 10 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony