Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- Credit: EMILY DUNNETT
Dozens of pints were pulled and enjoyed by outdoor punters enjoying the sunny weather over the weekend following the easing of lockdown restrictions.
Emily Dunnett, who runs the riverside pub and restaurant with her sister, said: "We had a really successful opening weekend and are very grateful to everyone who came out and bought a pizza and pint by the river.
"It makes us even more excited to be able to reopen our brand new riverside restaurant later this summer."
She added that despite the hospitality sector having faced a "tough time over the past year", they are starting renovation work.
The makeover includes 10 boutique hotel rooms, a conservatory restaurant overlooking the river and a new garden bar.
You may also want to watch:
The team is also looking for an experienced chef to take on their newly-renovated restaurant to run as their own business.
- 1 Man suspected to have stolen '£300-400' of alcohol in store theft
- 2 Have your say on Network Rail increasing rail capacity through Ely
- 3 Dr Nik in Ely for his first day as Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Mayor
- 4 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 5 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 6 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 7 Eggs from Peregrine Falcons nesting on Ely Cathedral rooftop hatch
- 8 Punch in face leaves man with fractured nose
- 9 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 10 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’