Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- Credit: EMILY DUNNETT
Dozens of pints were pulled and enjoyed by outdoor punters enjoying the sunny weather over the weekend following the easing of lockdown restrictions.
Emily Dunnett, who runs the riverside pub and restaurant with her sister, said: "We had a really successful opening weekend and are very grateful to everyone who came out and bought a pizza and pint by the river.
"It makes us even more excited to be able to reopen our brand new riverside restaurant later this summer."
She added that despite the hospitality sector having faced a "tough time over the past year", they are starting renovation work.
The makeover includes 10 boutique hotel rooms, a conservatory restaurant overlooking the river and a new garden bar.
The team is also looking for an experienced chef to take on their newly-renovated restaurant to run as their own business.
- 1 Mara is Ely Standard Pet of the Year - voted for by you
- 2 Baby murder accused 'didn't say much' after life support withdrawn
- 3 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 4 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 5 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 6 Prince Charming mannequin seen in car on motorway is mistaken for a body
- 7 Murder trial hears of 'appalling catalogue of injuries' suffered by baby
- 8 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 10 Ely City WI share 'exciting projects' for 2022