Theatre Royal in Bury St Edmunds to host three lunchtime concerts
- Credit: Archant
The Theatre Royal in Bury St Edmunds will host three lunchtime concerts starting this month.
“Showcasing local talent playing well-known pieces of classical music, the concerts will make for a refreshingly musical lunch break,” say the venue.
Violinist Rosie Lowdell and cellist Rebecca Welham will open the series, performing at 1.10pm on Monday September 18.
“The talented duo will present a virtuosic programme of music by Beethoven, Hofmann and also some of their own works,” say promoters.
Then, on Monday October 9 The Goldcrest Trio - Duke Dobing (flute), Miriam Keogh (harp) and Raphael Hurwitz (viola) – will perform.
“These outstanding musicians will give a programme of beautiful and inspiring music by Debussy, Ravel, Ibert and Piazzolla,” say promoters.
Finally, on Monday November 13, Martenot Waves - Malcolm Ball (Ondes Martenot) and Peter Humphreys (piano) – will play live.
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 4 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 5 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 6 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 7 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 8 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 9 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 10 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
Tickets for the concerts, priced at £8.50 each, are available now and include tea, coffee and cakes afterwards.