Theatre Royal in Bury St Edmunds to host three lunchtime concerts
- Credit: Archant
The Theatre Royal in Bury St Edmunds will host three lunchtime concerts starting this month.
“Showcasing local talent playing well-known pieces of classical music, the concerts will make for a refreshingly musical lunch break,” say the venue.
Violinist Rosie Lowdell and cellist Rebecca Welham will open the series, performing at 1.10pm on Monday September 18.
“The talented duo will present a virtuosic programme of music by Beethoven, Hofmann and also some of their own works,” say promoters.
Then, on Monday October 9 The Goldcrest Trio - Duke Dobing (flute), Miriam Keogh (harp) and Raphael Hurwitz (viola) – will perform.
You may also want to watch:
“These outstanding musicians will give a programme of beautiful and inspiring music by Debussy, Ravel, Ibert and Piazzolla,” say promoters.
Finally, on Monday November 13, Martenot Waves - Malcolm Ball (Ondes Martenot) and Peter Humphreys (piano) – will play live.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
Tickets for the concerts, priced at £8.50 each, are available now and include tea, coffee and cakes afterwards.