Rattigan’s masterpiece ‘The Winslow Boy’ coming to Cambridge Arts Theatre
- Credit: Archant
Terence Rattigan’s ‘The Winslow Boy’ is at the Cambridge Arts Theatre from March 26 to 31.
Tessa Peake-Jones (Only Fools and Horses) and Aden Gillett (House of Eliott) star in Rattigan’s gripping masterpiece which tells the true story of a father who embarks on an extraordinary campaign for justice for his son.
Having been expelled from the Royal Navy College for stealing a five-shilling postal order, young cadet Ronnie Winslow’s family are pulled apart by the repercussions of his charge.
Set against 1910 Edwardian London, the Winslow family fight to clear his name or face social ostracism as the case becomes a national scandal.
Tessa Peake-Jones is best known for her role as Raquel in Only Fools and Horses and Mrs Maguire in Grantchester. Aden Gillet is best known for playing Jack Maddox in The House of Eliott.
Terence Rattigan was an acclaimed British playwright, his other works include French Without Tears, Flare Path and The Browning Version.
Performances are Monday – Saturday, 7.45pm and Thursday and Saturday at 2.30pm.
- 1 Man caught red-handed after series of drug raids
- 2 Post office and village shop moves into old Baptist chapel
- 3 Baby murder trial jury told dad was angry at social services involvement
- 4 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 5 'She had her whole life ahead of her': Charity skydive in memory of fatal crash victim
- 6 Aspiring photographer, 10, captures Ely's winter sunrise on camera
- 7 Eco-home will be icing on the cake for 'Good Life' couple
- 8 Murder suspects continue to be quizzed as detectives seek CCTV
- 9 'Shocking' abuse left partner 'vulnerable and afraid'
- 10 Sewage upgrade to continue in village with two-way traffic lights
Tickets are priced from £20-£35 and are available from the box office on: 01223 503333 or online: www.cambridgeartstheatre.com.