Rattigan’s masterpiece ‘The Winslow Boy’ coming to Cambridge Arts Theatre
- Credit: Archant
Terence Rattigan’s ‘The Winslow Boy’ is at the Cambridge Arts Theatre from March 26 to 31.
Tessa Peake-Jones (Only Fools and Horses) and Aden Gillett (House of Eliott) star in Rattigan’s gripping masterpiece which tells the true story of a father who embarks on an extraordinary campaign for justice for his son.
Having been expelled from the Royal Navy College for stealing a five-shilling postal order, young cadet Ronnie Winslow’s family are pulled apart by the repercussions of his charge.
Set against 1910 Edwardian London, the Winslow family fight to clear his name or face social ostracism as the case becomes a national scandal.
Tessa Peake-Jones is best known for her role as Raquel in Only Fools and Horses and Mrs Maguire in Grantchester. Aden Gillet is best known for playing Jack Maddox in The House of Eliott.
Terence Rattigan was an acclaimed British playwright, his other works include French Without Tears, Flare Path and The Browning Version.
Performances are Monday – Saturday, 7.45pm and Thursday and Saturday at 2.30pm.
- 1 First visit not 'a flying success' but pub deserves second chance
- 2 Sanctuary Housing criticised over empty homes in Ely
- 3 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
- 4 Man facing eviction fears 'absolute disaster' despite council help
- 5 Lorna’s successful plea to remove £3 shower charge for disabled visitors to The Hive
- 6 'Cuckooing' drug dealer caught with cocaine to the value of £3,670
- 7 Child shot in face by BB gun bought at summer festival
- 8 Woman who twice ignored 'no fly tipping' signs faces two fines
- 9 MP officially begins new era for major UK supplier
- 10 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
Tickets are priced from £20-£35 and are available from the box office on: 01223 503333 or online: www.cambridgeartstheatre.com.