Rattigan’s masterpiece ‘The Winslow Boy’ coming to Cambridge Arts Theatre
- Credit: Archant
Terence Rattigan’s ‘The Winslow Boy’ is at the Cambridge Arts Theatre from March 26 to 31.
Tessa Peake-Jones (Only Fools and Horses) and Aden Gillett (House of Eliott) star in Rattigan’s gripping masterpiece which tells the true story of a father who embarks on an extraordinary campaign for justice for his son.
Having been expelled from the Royal Navy College for stealing a five-shilling postal order, young cadet Ronnie Winslow’s family are pulled apart by the repercussions of his charge.
Set against 1910 Edwardian London, the Winslow family fight to clear his name or face social ostracism as the case becomes a national scandal.
Tessa Peake-Jones is best known for her role as Raquel in Only Fools and Horses and Mrs Maguire in Grantchester. Aden Gillet is best known for playing Jack Maddox in The House of Eliott.
You may also want to watch:
Terence Rattigan was an acclaimed British playwright, his other works include French Without Tears, Flare Path and The Browning Version.
Performances are Monday – Saturday, 7.45pm and Thursday and Saturday at 2.30pm.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 9 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 10 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
Tickets are priced from £20-£35 and are available from the box office on: 01223 503333 or online: www.cambridgeartstheatre.com.