The Junction is open to everyone this Christmas
- Credit: Archant
The doors of the Cambridge Junction’s J2 Theatre are open to all this Christmas during the run of the venue’s festive offering Around the World in 80 Days.
The show’s run is set to include a special relaxed performance as well as one featuring British Sign Language.
The relaxed performance is taking place on Sunday, December 28, and is aimed at anyone who would benefit from a more relaxed performance environment including people with a sensory or communication disorders, or a learning disability.
The atmosphere in the auditorium will be relaxed to provide a more supportive environment with audience members free to come and go as they please throughout the performance and make noise if they want to.
A visual story will be provided to advance bookers ahead of the show for audiences to familiarise themselves with the characters and plot.
You may also want to watch:
One of the group’s attending this special event are the recently formed Ely Dementia Group, a volunteer peer-support group meeting regularly in Ely.
A co-founder of the Ely Dementia Group, Tim Harding said “We think it’s fantastic that the organisers of this show have included a relaxed performance within their busy schedule in order to embrace people, who rarely find public theatre or indeed live performance sensitive to their at times complex needs.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 4 'I feel alive for the first time': Slimmer lost half his body weight in lockdown
- 5 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 6 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 7 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 8 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Matt’s 46-day charity cycle from Burwell to Istanbul raises over £2,000
“We’d also like to thank Wendy Taylor, Jacen Bruce & The Memphis Underground,
Bill Martin, Davey Wiz & the Willingham Lodge of The Royal Antediluvian Order Of Buffaloes for their support to our humble carer led group.”
For more information about the performance, and to book tickets, contact the Junction on 01223 511 511 or visit www.junction.co.uk