The Imps in fine voice for charity concert
- Credit: Archant
Ely Cathedral’s highly regarded youth choir, the Ely Imps, is performing a concert in aid of the mayor’s chosen charity, East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices.
They will perform on Friday, at 7.30pm in St Peter’s Church. Among the attendees will be the mayor, Councillor Lis Every, and a representative from the hospice.
The choir will be conducted by Rebecca Duckworth, who will also be singing some solo items, and accompanied by Paul Trepte, director of music at the cathedral and of the Ely Imps.
Mrs Duckworth is the cathedral’s outreach singing ‘animateur’ and assists Mr Trepte in training the Ely Imps, a group of children aged seven to 13 from various schools in Cambridgeshire, Downham Market and Newmarket.
Admission to the concert is free but with a retiring
You may also want to watch:
collection in aid of EACH. Doors open at 7pm.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 10 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town