The Feelgood factor comes to The Brook at Soham
- Credit: Archant
DR Feelgood is one of the most popular and exciting live rhythm and blues acts in the world, and they will be making a rare appearance at The Brook in Soham on Friday March 8.
The band was formed on Canvey Island in Essex in the early 1970s, and their raw and uncompromising style resulted in the album Stupidity that immediately went to the number one position in the U.K. charts.
Dr. Feelgood has also enjoyed global success with a string of hit singles including Milk and Alcohol, Roxette, Back in the Night, Going Back Home and See You Later Alligator - which gave the group their first gold record.
The current line up features the rhythm section Kevin Morris on drums and Phil Mitchell on bass, both 29 years in the band and Steve Walwyn on guitar who has been with the band for 23 years. Vocalist Robert Kane, formerly of the Animals, is the most recent addition – joining in 1999 after the tragic death of Lee Brilleaux.
Tickets cost £17.50 and are available on 01353 721748 and are also available on the door.
You may also want to watch:
* Brick Lane Music Hall is performing at The Brook on Thursday March 7, tickets cost £12. There is a charity disco at The Brook on Saturday March 2, and the following day an afternoon of country music starts at 2.30pm, with music from Speed Limit.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 9 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor