Socially-distanced festival is a welcome return to pre-pandemic good times
- Credit: Kris Humphreys (c) www.krishumphreysphotography.com
For anyone that’s missed the thrill of stepping onto a festival site and hearing music pumping out of the speakers, The Estate offers a welcome and safe return to pre-pandemic good times.
Held in the picturesque grounds of Turvey House in Bedfordshire, the festival location ensures there's plenty of space to encourage guests to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
With dedicated table service, sanitiser stations on-site, designated areas for attendees and a QR scan-in code on arrival, the five-week event series has been extremely well thought out.
Although groups of friends had to stay in their own hexagons, standing up to dance was permitted.
In that sense, the festival provided a sense of escape for hundreds of people who hadn't been able to party for more than a year.
You may also want to watch:
Honestly, though, it's just nice to be able to get out of the house and spend a day with friends.
But the Estate offers more than that: the glamping area has its own swimming pool, while the line-up is stacked with some of the biggest names in dance and pop music.
- 1 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 4 SAS ‘original’ Reg Seekings to feature in book
- 5 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 6 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 7 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 8 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 9 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 10 ‘Distressed cries’ of beagles fuel animal research unit protest
Atomic Kitten and S Club 7 provided a noughties throwback last weekend while the opening party saw electronic lovers dancing the day away to sets by house DJs Jess Bays, Sam Divine and Low Steppa.
For more information, visit The Estate festival website.