‘The Absurd World of Mack Mathod’ on display at Babylon Gallery
- Credit: Archant
An exhibition showcasing ‘The Absurd World of Mack Mathod’ is now on display at the Babylon Gallery in Ely.
“My work, whether performed or constructed, is in the tradition of the Surrealists, Dadaists, the Theatre of the Absurd and post Russian Revolutionary writers and performers,” says the artist.
“I strive to reintroduce humour and stupidity into an over serious contemporary art format, an aspect which I see as an important generic omission since the sixties.
“My present work is printed on handmade paper and presented in antique frames with printed texts to suggest an absurd curated world that we can only view from a distance of time and sobriety.
“My constructed and performed work has a similarly meaningless perspective.”
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition is open from 12pm until 4pm Tuesday to Sunday, but closed on Monday.
Entry is free and donations are welcome.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor