The 39 Steps set for Theatre Royal stage
- Credit: Archant
The 39 Steps is coming to Theatre Royal in Bury St Edmunds next month.
Fresh from their successful summer season at Aldeburgh and Southwold, Suffolk Summer Theatre visit between Tuesday 6 and Saturday 10 September.
The show features local actor Joe Leat (Eastern Angles, Common Ground Theatre Company), who returns to the Theatre Royal after appearing in Breathing the Blue and The Count of Monte Cristo. The ensemble cast is completed by Simon Stanhope, Amy Christian Murray and Clive Flint.
“The play originates from the pens of writers Simon Corble and Nobby Dimon who came up with the idea of staging the whole adventure with just four actors and a lot of ingenuity,” say promoters.
“This production marks the return of the show to a Georgian theatre and it promises to be one of the highlights of the season.”
You may also want to watch:
Tickets; £8.50 to £21.50 can be booked at www.theatreroyal.org or by calling the box office on 01284 769505,
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 8 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation