Take closer look at work by members of Ely Guild of Woodturners at annual exhibition
- Credit: Archant
The Ely Guild of Woodturners opens its annual exhibition this weekend at the Cathedral Centre, in Ely.
The 10-day exhibition offers the chance for visitors to admire examples of members’ work, such as turned vases and lacquered bowls.
Demonstrations will be held most days by members, who will also be on hand to offer advice about the guild. Many of the items will be on sale.
The exhibition is opened on Saturday, at 11am, by retired GP and Magpas doctor, Pam Kenny. It is then open daily until Monday, August 31, from 10am-5pm. Entry is free.
A guild spokesman said: “Come and see the many very varied things we make, chat to the turners and look at our exhibition.”
You may also want to watch:
To find out more about the guild, visit www.elysuildofwoodturners.co.uk
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour