Take closer look at work by members of Ely Guild of Woodturners at annual exhibition
- Credit: Archant
The Ely Guild of Woodturners opens its annual exhibition this weekend at the Cathedral Centre, in Ely.
The 10-day exhibition offers the chance for visitors to admire examples of members’ work, such as turned vases and lacquered bowls.
Demonstrations will be held most days by members, who will also be on hand to offer advice about the guild. Many of the items will be on sale.
The exhibition is opened on Saturday, at 11am, by retired GP and Magpas doctor, Pam Kenny. It is then open daily until Monday, August 31, from 10am-5pm. Entry is free.
A guild spokesman said: “Come and see the many very varied things we make, chat to the turners and look at our exhibition.”
To find out more about the guild, visit www.elysuildofwoodturners.co.uk
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Eco-home will be icing on the cake for 'Good Life' couple
- 3 Man caught red-handed after series of drug raids
- 4 'Shocking' abuse left partner 'vulnerable and afraid'
- 5 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 6 'She had her whole life ahead of her': Charity skydive in memory of fatal crash victim
- 7 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 8 Plea to give beloved Reba 'best fighting chance'
- 9 Baby murder trial jury told birth referred to safeguarding team
- 10 Noise warning issued due to increased flying over RAF Lakenheath