Take a tour around pop up gallery in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Ely artist, Ted Coney is opening his pop-up gallery again on Sunday afternoons and giving guided tours around his work, which is all about family life and family relationships.
Ted Coney’s Family Portraits first opened in 2008 and Ted has been showing visitors around the home in Waterside he shares with his wife, Hazel, ever since.
Booking is essential as each tour, which lasts about an hour, only takes six visitors at a time and there are eight tours to choose from. Each tour ends in Ted’s studio, where visitors will see his latest oil painting in progress. No work is for sale, though prints can be obtained from his website.
However, there is a new aspect to the business this year. Ted has just launched a virtual tour which can be viewed from his website. The tour looks at four of his family paintings on the theme of ‘Simultaneity’.
Said Ted: “The virtual tour can show things you could only imagine on a real visit. At one point I fly back in time in my 1930 Morris Minor”
You may also want to watch:
For more information and to book a real or virtual tour visit www.tedconeysfamilyportraits.co.uk
- 1 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 6 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 7 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge